RUetd Working Group
The RUetd Working Group will be chaired by the RUcore repository manager and staffed by relevantparticipants for RUetd application development, RUcore collection management, ETD cataloging, and Unicorn record mapping. Working Group members are appointed by the AUL for Digital Library Systems and serve until further notice. Additional members may be proposed to CISC for approval as needed. Experts such as the Digital Data Curator should be asked by the chair to advise the group at least annually on new or emerging digital format standards of potential benefit to ETDs.
- Ensure that all graduate schools are able to use the RUetd system by the end of FY10.
- Ensure that the changing needs of graduate schools are surveyed at least annually to ensure a service responsive to their needs.
- Continue to revise, improve and align the OpenETD software to support the needs of Rutgers University and to leverage advances in the RUcore architecture.
- Develop and document an efficient workflow for the RUetd process that includes an annual timeline with checks for workflow issues, etds that fall through the cracks, etc. Workflow must encompass the OpenETD application, the RUcore implementation of OpenETD, relevant components of the RUcore architecture, the RUetd website, including search, retrieval and display of ETDs, any user applications or interfaces associated with RUetd, WMS cataloging, SIRSI Unicorn MARC ingest, export to UMI and the release of OpenETD.
- Develop communications procedures to keep graduate schools, students, faculty, library liaisons and others appropriately informed and involved as needed. Report regularly at CISC meetings and at least once annually to LRC, USC, and CSC. all minutes should be posted on a website available to everyone at RUL and their availability announced.
- Work with the Software Architecture and Metadata Working Groups as needed to accomplish the work of this group.
- Identify any workflow issues, such as single points of failure, workflow backlogs, etc. and any software or staffing needs to be addressed within CISC or by the AUL for Digital Library Systems, or other relevant group.
Rhonda Marker - Chair
Martha (Marty) Barnett